An Insiders view of brands, trends, and markets in the watch and jewellery business

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is customary to introduce myself to people whom I am unfamiliar with to demonstrate respect and to create relationships. My name is Sam, but I will refer to myself as the Watch and Diamond Guru. After working in the luxury business for some time, an insiders opinion of what makes things "tic" was long overdue. In the luxury goods business, building and fostering relationships is the underpinning which drives our success. Nonetheless, I will not be attempting to sell you anything tangible, rather make you think. The issues which I will discuss are either about diamonds or watches; more specifically brands, trends, events, and even some business management issues such as strategy (or the lack there of) which pertain to major luxury companies and a Canadian hint as well.

Enjoy!

- Watch & Diamond Guru